You Might be a Lame Rapper If
Im way to busy to do any real blog work these days. I have workers that do the blogging for me. But on occasion I will write a real post. And what I mean by real post is something that needs to be said. There are so many Lame rappers that are trying to make rap a career. It is actually hurting Hip Hop by having the internet flooded with tracks and the email blasts with wack tracks coming my way on a daily basis. It is over saturation of rap music by the lames. Let me give you my list, I might do a part 2 somewhere down the road. If anything I say hurts someones feelings or touches a nerve than too bad, you were probaly one of the lames I was talking about and I don’t give a damn.
1. You Might be a Lame Rapper If - If you are named Lil _____ or Young ____ we have enough famous rappers who have the Lil Part and Young part of a rap name sewed up. You are a lame ass rapper for choosing to call your self Lil Buckwheeat or Lil this or Lil that or Young Cant flow or young this or yung that. You have zero creativity and you don’t deserve to make it in the rap business.
2. You Might be a Lame Rapper If – If you have any blonde streaks in your hair like Wiz Khalifa looking like Dennis Rodman’s son. Don’t follow these semi gay trends its bad enough Wiz is doing it and it makes me wonder what is he thinking. And dont get a weave sewn in your hair or fake dreads if you are a man. You are beyond lame.
3. You Might be a Lame Rapper If - If you think you are going to get discovered by sheer talent alone. Those days are long gone. There are 10 million people who rap daily and most can out rhyme you. You have to pay the right people to get in the door thats how it works these days. You must pay to get in the business.
4. You Might be a Lame Rapper If - If you wear tight jeans . That is for the lames and the gays . You are embarrassing yourself ,stop it , don’t do it. Some of these super successful rappers are doing it because they are just too stupid to know any better.
5. You Might be a Lame Rapper If – If you think just because you are number 1 for your city on a site like bandcamp or reverbnation that you will get signed. The jokes on you, nobody but artists are the ones on reverbnation and bandcamp. The only people who make money off of reverbnation and bandcamp are reverbnation and bandcamp. Real record labels do not monitor this site. Sorry if you are not on Billboard or iTunes than you are not number 1 .
6. You Might be a Lame Rapper If – If you have less than 500 twitter followers you are a lame. You have no fans at all. Major record labels do follow this and check this.
7. You Might be a Lame Rapper If - If you are dumb enough to show up at these artist showcases and pay the promoter to perform. You are not only a lame rapper you are a dumb rapper and you have fell for one of the oldest schemes in the music promotion business.
8. You Might be a Lame Rapper If – If you do not invest your money into promoting yourself . I hear this all the time a wanna be rapper wants to know how much mixtape hosting is. If you quote them a figure more than 100 dollars they will get back with you. Then you see their mixtape come out a month later with a homemade trash cover and no dj . The mixtape is nothing more than a table coaster.
9. You Might be a Lame Rapper If – If you are crying you are too broke to pay for studio time or promotion or anything to do with promoting your rap career then you are a lame and you are not going to make it. Most successful rappers have one thing in common they hustle. If you can not get your paper up then you will not make it in the rap business. You have to hustle non stop. If you are sitting around whining you are too broke then this business is not for you.
10. You Might be a Lame Rapper If - If you are still sagging with half your ass hanging out. The days of sagging have long ago passed. Sagging started in 1988 that is over 23 years ago . It is played out, stop doing it you look stupid. You are a Lame . I saw a video the other day with Soulja Boy sagging with his pants all the way down. He looked like a straight up gay lame . Women don’t like it and it does not make you look cool it makes you look lame.