Atlanta rapper Soulja Boy was arrested in Henry County on Wednesday night after he ran from police, Capt. Jason Bolton said.
Free Photo Hosting
Soulja Boy was part of a video shoot at a house in McDonough, Bolton said. He took off running as a police officer walked up to the house — and was nabbed after he came back moments later, Bolton said.
He was part of a video shoot, others who were at the house told police.
The 19-year-old was charged with obstruction and bonded out of the Henry County jail on Thursday. A telephone call to his publicist was not immediately returned.
Bolton said an officer headed out to a house in McDonough around 9 p.m. after being told a group of people were hanging out there. The house was dark and looked abandoned, Bolton said.
The officer saw three women walking around the back of the house, Bolton said. He asked them to stop, and when they didn’t, the officer followed them around the back and found a larger group of people — about 40, Bolton said.
About half of the group took off, leaving several cars behind, and the other half stayed — and told the officer they were at the house “for a video shoot,” Bolton said.
Then a man — who police identified as Deandre Cortez Way — walked back to the house. He told the officer that he was the owner of one of the cars — a white Range Rover — and the officer arrested him, Bolton said.
“He just ran from the police, and then he decided to come back,” Bolton said.
Way, 19, better known as Soulja Boy Tell’em, was taken to jail. An officer said he was not there on Friday.
Soulja Boy, 19, broke into the music scene two years ago with his hit “Crank That (Soulja Boy). The artist also considers himself a producer and entrepreneur.
He is set to perform as part of the Sprite Step Off national step competition, held at Morehouse College, this weekend.
Categories: Uncategorized Tags: soulja boy
I never watch awards shows because they are all rigged and so commercial. But I thought I would watch what BET had planned to honor Michael Jackson and I couldnt make it past the Soulja Boy set, before I turned the channel. Soulja Boy was so wack its upsetting to me to see what commercial hip hop fans have embraced. I saw Soulja Boy go in the audience and give Kanye West some Dap and I saw nobody behind him hardly out of there seats. I dont even know why I wrote this post but to say Hip Hop that is in the mainstream is completely fucked up. You Got Jamie Foxx giving props to Drake a dude who doesnt have nothing out but a few tracks and now he is the chosen one? Nah he aint put in any work , he isnt on 1000 mixtapes , he got the streets on fire I dont think so? Hip Hop is getting worse everyday, its no wonder all the record labels are folding up and nobody buys CDs anymore. You have multiple trash blogs which I wont mention contantly riding these commercial dudes nutsacks ,while at the same time turning there backs on the Indie artists out there grinding super Hard. Thats all I got to say on the Subject, if you dont like what I said you can eat a dick straight up with bumps on ya lips.
“Hip Hop News”
Well 2008 is gone and I for one am glad to see it go. It was a bad year, George Bush completely messed up America he will go down in history as the worst president of all time. Only 3 weeks until we get a new president. I hope he does better I cant see it getting any worse.
Alright here is my list of things I want to see go away in 2009.
- Lil Wayne- He has been everywhere in 2008 and the little kids love him. The grown people know he is a man kissing garbage spitting wack ass rapper. Please go away
- Dudes that wear tight pants- aka Kanye West , Jim Jones,and a few more suspect dudes. I laugh at men when I see them wearing tight pants, I mean who made this fashion and what real man is going to wear some tight nut crunching pants. no homo Please go away
- Ringtone rappers-The radio is saturated with Label made one hit wonders that just plain suck aka Soulja boy,Hurricane chris,mims, I could make this list go forever but you know what I mean ,Labels get your head out your ass’s and sign some real dudes. Ringtone rappers Please go away
- Copycat Blogs- I go to alot of blogs and some are original and post different stuff everyday, then there are blogs that copy every single track or video posted by the big blogs. I mean why even have a blog if all you do is copy another blog. Put in work or please go away
- Trash Mixtape Covers- I know the People that run thatcrack.com and they are as real as it gets and they try there best to weed out trash DJs. But I go to the other mixtape sites like datshit and mixtapetrashtorrent and they will post anything. I mean why even make a mixtape if you are going to let a 10 year old do your cover? who the hell wants to listen to that-please go away
- DJ Khaled and DJ Drama- About 5 years ago dj drama was a good dj and definately a force in the south. but the last couple of years he has been trash and dude needs to straighten out his hat, you aint no little kid and you definately aint cool what a clown. And dj khaled aka we the best,are you serious this dude isnt even a dj. man he ruins every track he is involved with-please go away
- Mixtape awards shows- About 9 years ago there was only one mixtape awards show. It was called the Justo’s and it was run by Justo, then Justo got in a car crash a couple years ago and passed away. That was the end of decent awards shows. There are so many awards shows now its sickening. Let me name a few that make me want to throw up. The Sea awards show, it was the first in the south, and grew big for a couple years then it turned into a way for the promoters to make money off the hopes and dreams of unsigned artists and now it isnt even hardly mentioned but yet it still goes on. Then there was TJsDJs and Ozone awards show. That is in the 2nd or 3rd year I cant remember. This show is a total joke a completely rigged show that caters to the already signed artists and the wack DJs like Khaled and Drama. Last years Ozone show was the worst awards show in the history of awards shows. Then there are the DJs and artists that send emails and myspace comments. Please vote for me. For what? so you can win a $2.00 dollar trophy and tell the world im a winner at the Ozones or Sea’s or Justo’s. Haha that carries the weight of a feather. What a bunch of idiots. Its like spending 30 bucks at the carnival to win a $2.00 stuffed animal. Please go away
- Major Record Labels- Man the game has changed, nobody I know has bought one single cd in 2008 and it isnt going to change in 2009. Stop the maddness you strong armed the world for decades making us buy music , the internet ended all that, only a fool would buy music now. Major Record Labels need to get with the program and start giving all the music away free. I get enough free music in my emails in a month to last me a year. Will I ever buy another CD? The answer is no. Major Record Labels we dont need you- Please go away
- Rap Beefs- They used to be entertaining but now its starting to get on my nerves. 50 beefed with everybody the last couple years and it was some what entertaining, but now you got no name little trash rappers like yung berg beefing with trick trick and soulja boy disrespecting Ice T and on and on. I mean if you going to beef at least somebody kill somebody and make it interesting. All this talk gets on my nerves, cause aint nobody shooting anybody. At least we Know Biggie beef and Tupac beef was real. They were real Rappers that are in everybodies top 5 of all time. And we lost them because of a real beef. But these beefs these days are nothing more than promo stunts by a bunch of cotton candy ass fake hoods. Please go away
Well thats my short list I know I could of made a longer one.If you have some to add to it put it in the comments. Hopefully some of these on my list will go away in 2009
After it was revealed this morning that Atlanta’s DJ Unk debuted at #104, having sold just over 5,000 copies of his sophomore album 2econd Season , the “Walk It Out” star joined with Amazon to offer fans the work at just $2.99.
For less than three dollars, a full music download of the album that features Ray J, Sean Kingston and Three 6 Mafia.
The effort, only available today, marks the first time a Hip Hop album charting on the Top 200, is available for less than five dollars for digital download. We at Hiphopspy knew it would come to this, the next step is giving all music away free. Either way we have to say that DJ Unk is in the same class as Hurricane Chris and Soulja Boy. All one hit wonders, that we are still wondering how the hell they sold anything at all. We will have to pass on DJ Unk as we thought walk it out was garbage.
Method Man has weighed in his opinion on the Soulja Boy and Ice-T conflict saying the young rapper is unfairly being blamed for the current state of hip-hop.In a recent interview with a radio show Meth began the discussion by paying homage to Ice-T and using the rapper’s legendary status in hip-hop as a reason not to address Soulja Boy’s YouTube comments.
“Ice-T is an O.G. He shouldn’t even be addressing nuttin’ like that, but he felt like it was his duty to address it for the love of hip-hop and all of that and I respect that,” he said. “But him being at the status that he’s at, he shouldn’t address someone like Soulja Boy, nor should Snoop Dogg.”
Continuing his argument for the unfair comparison, Method Man said it was the media’s portrayal and commercialism given to the “Crank Dat” rapper that made him the target of criticism.
“If he wasn’t put out there like that, like he was the truth, I don’t think anybody would have a problem with him like that because lyrically he’s not the truth,” Meth said. “It’s not a secret, he’s a shorty. What life experience does he really have where he can sit down and go up with a Nas or a Lil’ Wayne, for that matter? It is what it is, man. These kids like him, so be it. Don’t hate on the lil’ nigga, congratulate him.”
Before ending the phone conversation, Meth made sure to clarify his statements and reveal his true feelings for the southern rapper.
“And don’t get me wrong, you,” he said. “I’m not biggin’ up Soulja Boy, I’m just saying. I think the nigga suck, too. I think he’s garbage, but I don’t think everybody should be blaming him for the state of hip-hop right now. You can’t just put that all on his shoulders, for real. It’s not solely his fault, man.”
Triple OG Ice T destroys Soulja Boy on this response to the worst rapper ever. If Soulja Boys career wasnt already over it is now.